Executive Team consists of individuals selected by the Parents-as-Partners Chairperson and the A Better Chance Program Manager to explore ways to better serve and support our scholars and their families, develop and implement enrichment and outreach programs, and find way to keep our families engaged through the various committees of the S.E. Region.
- Phiona Gardner: P.A.P Chairperson for the Southeast Region
- Charlisa Dixon: New Parent Ambassador Committee Head and New Liaison for the SOAR
- Mary Stokes: Committee Head for the Middle School Parent Ambassador and will lead the initiative to investigate and come up with ways to increase the ABC families participation by way of the payment of dues
- Adrienne Gray: Community School Committee head and Co-Lead for the Boarding School Committee
- Dionne Simmons: Responsible for maintaining the Point tracking system and keeping P.A.P abreast of new ways to engage our families via technology. Dionne also serves on the Special Events Committee
Boarding School Committee – (July Davis Carroll) is established to support our boarding school families and to act as the liaison between A Better Chance and the boarding school families to ensure that their issues and concerns are addressed. Through various meetings and social events geared specifically for boarding families, the committee will continue to find ways to interact and support each other. The Committee will send out two care packages and cards throughout the year to the boarding scholars.
Hospitality Committee – (OPEN COMMITTEE LEAD) Will plan for food and refreshment for workshops and meetings as needed. This Committee will work closely with New Parent Orientation Committee & Special Events Committee.
In-Case of Emergency(I.C.E) Committee – (OPEN COMMITTEE LEAD) responsible for springing into action when tragedy or hardship strikes one of our families.
New Scholar Event Committee – (Arnetria Dancy-Cobb/ Dr. Vonda Perkins/Melissa Penn) Will plan a welcoming event in May for all incoming Scholars and their families to learn about the A Better Chance South East Region Parents-as-Partners network that they are a part of, confront topics that will prepare parents for some of the challenges ahead and will allow families to meet and socialize with current families. The committee will also plan an additional event in the Fall as a means of checking-in with the new families.
School Ambassadors – (Charlisa Dixon/ Mary Stokes) Will reach out to and check in with all ABC families via phone to establish lines of communication, check in on the families throughout the year and to encourage parent participation and involvement.
Special Events Committee – (Phiona Gardner) Is responsible for planning the social events throughout the year. The committee will plan the Parent Mixer, the Winter Celebration and the End of Year Celebration.
Technology Committee – (Dame Epiphane) Created the Point Tracking System and the P.A.P Webpage. The technology will maintain and update the Parents-as-Partners webpage (WordPress) as needed.